[FoNC] Snowdrop Walk 2020

Ellen-Raissa ellenraissa at hotmail.com
Fri Feb 7 23:35:48 UTC 2020

Dear Friends,

Spring is around the corner and our snowdrops and crocuses are coming out to bring a little colour to the cemetery. To coincide with the Scottish Snowdrop Festival, we are holding our annual snowdrop walks on Sunday 16 February. Please come and join us and share the flyer with your neighbours!
http://newington-cemetery.org.uk/documents/snowdrop2020.pdf

In other news, Andy from the council's parks and cemeteries team helped us to install our new nature signs - one about wildlife and one about natural imagery on the memorials and headstones. Look out for painted trailstones around the cemetery - these have been placed there by local children in places where they have found flowers, plants, bugs and beasts of interest.

Finally, volunteers from the working party have been busy constructing the new tool shed. This should make things a lot easier in the summer months and will let us make use of a wheelbarrow (so exciting!) It is not quite finished yet, so bear with us, or better still come and help at the next working party on Monday 17 February!

Many thanks for your continued support,
Ellen-Raissa