[WGNC] FW: Friends of Cemetery Groups Meeting 16th March

Tony Harris alltnasubh at blueyonder.co.uk
Thu Mar 18 21:02:01 UTC 2021

Hello all,

I forward notes of a Teams meeting held online on Tuesday which Carolyn and
I attended for Newington Cemetery Friends.  Changes to the administration of
CEC cemeteries have been going on, with all of them now under Bereavement
Services managed by Robbie Beattie rather than Parks & Greenspace.  There
has been quite an increase in Edinburgh Cemeteries Friends Groups and these
are being brought closer together.   There are opportunities in this for us,
perhaps taking part in a collaborative Heritage Lottery bid for improvements
and Carolyn has already made a number of suggestions.   I also attach the
Guidance Notes mentioned.   I am sending this to Working Group in the first
instance but could go to all Newington Friends.
Your thoughts and ideas welcome and maybe we should discuss all this at an
online Committee meeting if there is support for that.

This is really just to  keep you up to date so far.   Robbie is preparing a
Cemeteries Strategy paper to go to CEC Committee maybe in June and no doubt
there will be further information arising from that.

Best wishes,

Tony