[FoNC] FW: Edinburgh Doors Open Days 2020 - programme launched!

Tony Harris Planning at grangeprestonfieldcc.org.uk
Thu Sep 24 14:33:18 UTC 2020

Passed on for information.

From:  The Director <director at cockburnassociation.org.uk>
Date:  Thursday, 24 September 2020 at 11:50
Subject:  Edinburgh Doors Open Days 2020 - programme launched!

Dear Friend ­
Further to my recent message, it pleases me no end to say that this year¹s
Doors Open Days Edinburgh programme is now launched and fully accessible.
Simply visit our website ­ www.cockburnassociation.org.uk/doorsopendays
<http://www.cockburnassociation.org.uk/doorsopendays>   ­ and you will find
all the information you need for a great DOD experience this weekend.

Doors Open Days Edinburgh 2020 is an entirely digital event.  However, it
remains true to the spirit of this unique, annual celebration of Edinburgh¹s
historic buildings and open spaces.  Access to everything is free.  We are
hugely grateful for the support given to the event by the City of Edinburgh
Council.

Please circulate, tweet or post details so that as many people can enjoy DOD
as possible. Do also tag our account (@thecockburn) and use the
#digiDoorsOpen hashtag to join in the Scotland-wide conversation about
digital Doors Open Days.  Doors Open Days takes place throughout Scotland
and is part of European Heritage Days.  Information about the national
programme can be found at www.doorsopendays.org.uk
<http://www.doorsopendays.org.uk> .

I hope that we will see you and many others in the virtual space that is DOD
Edinburgh this year.

Also, we continue with our DOD programme of Cockburn Conversations.  This
evening (Thursday the 24th) our chair Professor Cliff Hague will be chatting
to Andrew Crummy on "How we helped the people sing: The story of the
Craigmillar Festival Society"
https://www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/cockburn-conversations-opening-the-doors-to-h
idden-histories-tickets-121025082279?aff=erelpanelorg
<https://www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/cockburn-conversations-opening-the-doors-to-
hidden-histories-tickets-121025082279?aff=erelpanelorg>

and on Friday evening, he¹ll be in conversation with Sara Sheridan, on
"Where are the Women? A guide to an imagined Scotland"
https://www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/copy-of-cockburn-conversations-opening-the-do
ors-to-hidden-histories-tickets-121034620809?aff=erellivmlt
<https://www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/copy-of-cockburn-conversations-opening-the-d
oors-to-hidden-histories-tickets-121034620809?aff=erellivmlt> .

Other live events including tours can also be booked here -
https://www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/cockburn-conversations-opening-the-doors-to-h
idden-histories-tickets-121048542449.

Best wishes,

Terry Levinthal
Director

thecockburnassociation
Trunk's Close, 55 High Street, Edinburgh EH1 1SR
www.cockburnassociation.org.uk
0131-557-8686