[FoNC] FW: Doors Open Days Edinburgh and Cockburn Conversations - Hidden Histories

Tony Harris Planning at grangeprestonfieldcc.org.uk
Mon Sep 21 11:00:38 UTC 2020

Passed on for information.

From:  The Director <director at cockburnassociation.org.uk>
Date:  Sunday, 20 September 2020 at 19:59
Subject:  Doors Open Days Edinburgh and Cockburn Conversations - Hidden
Histories

Dear ECF member ­
Apologies for this unsolicited email but it pleases me no end to alert you
to this year¹s Doors Open Days Edinburgh.  ³Edinburgh Doors Open Days² is a
popular event open to all, now in its 30th year, which allows residents and
visitors the chance to explore buildings, places and spaces that are usually
closed off to them. This year because of Covid-19, and with so many of
Edinburgh¹s residents stuck at home or very restricted in their ability to
get out and about, DOD will be an entirely virtual event, but will remain
true to the spirit of this unique, annual celebration of Edinburgh¹s
historic buildings and open spaces.

DOD takes place next weekend, and we will be launching the digital programme
early this week.  In advance, we have launched our DOD-related programme of
Cockburn Conversations.  To this end, I include an information note/press
release as well as a poster of these ³conversations².  I would be most
grateful if you could circulate them to your members and any other
stakeholders who come to mind.

I hope that we will see you and many others in the virtual space that is DOD
Edinburgh this year.

Best wishes,

Terry Levinthal
Director

thecockburnassociation
Trunk's Close, 55 High Street, Edinburgh EH1 1SR
www.cockburnassociation.org.uk
0131-557-8686