[WGNC] notable graves update

Magnus Hagdorn magnus.hagdorn at marsupium.org
Sat Jan 12 18:54:12 UTC 2019

On Sat, 2019-01-12 at 17:48 +0000, Dennis Smith wrote:
> Hi Magnus
>
> Great work - congratulations on your photos.  I'm having a problem
> accessing
> some texts via the drop-down menu (using MS Edge on a laptop).  The
> menu
> usually appears with a space between entries, so I can't access
> anything
> after Isaacs on the screen.  Sometimes (especially if I re-open in a
> new
> tab) I get rid of the unwanted spaces but still lose everything after
> Restall.  Any suggestions on how to work round this?

hmm, I need to look into this - sounds like a problem with edge.

> One small discrepancy: some entries give dates of birth and death in
> the
> heading but most don't.  I quite like dates - they show users
> immediately
> what era the subject lived in - but either way we should probably
> standardise all entries in the same format.  'MacFarlane' in the
> heading
> should be changed to match 'Macfarlane' in the body of the text.

fixed Macfarlane on the test site. This will filter through to the main
site once we are happy with the tags.

Make a suggestion for the dates and I will update them accordingly.

I think I will also add an alphabetical list of all entries.

Any other suggestions?

Regards
magnus