[WGNC] FW: CEC Cemetery Management Rules

Tony Harris alltnasubh at blueyonder.co.uk
Mon Jan 31 17:31:06 UTC 2022

Dear all,

As Friends of Newington Cemetery functions as a sub-group of GPCC, within
the family of CEC Cemetery Friends Groups, I forward the following email,
with particular reference to proposed new management rules for CEC
cemeteries.  These rules are intended to govern general conduct and
behaviour in cemeteries and are to be submitted tomorrow to the CEC Culture
and Communities Committee.  On a quick read, the rules as drafted seem clear
and commonsense, including control of dogs and car parking.   As always the
issue will be resources for enforcement.  Rules about burial arrangements
and memorials are being included in the contractual conditions of sale
governing right of burial and procedures.   I am also forwarding this email
to the cemetery Working Group.

Tony