[FoNC] Edinburgh Doors Open Day Weekend Saturday 28th & Sunday 29th September 2019 - Newington Cemetery Sunday 29th September 1.30 - 4.00pm

Tony Harris Planning at grangeprestonfieldcc.org.uk
Fri May 24 17:51:30 UTC 2019

Hello all,

A date for the diary.  We have as usual entered Newington Cemetery for Doors
Open Day as stated above Sunday 29th September to welcome visitors from 1.30
to 4.00pm.  The Theme of Doors Open Day this year is ³Global Connections².
This gives us plenty of scope to draw from our extensive research into
notable graves to highlight those whose reach extended beyond Scotland and
there are many.  Ideas are welcome for suggestions about the  graves of
other interesting folk in the cemetery with a global reach where we can
perhaps do some more research.    Initially we would like a wide list of
possibles from which we can draw up the final short list and work out a
walking route.

Later on we shall be asking for you to help on the day, as usual.  Maybe
this year we can have more helpers at the locations to explain in a bit more
detail about what can be seen and help with route finding.

So ideas, suggestions and help welcome.  Responses are best sent to
<info at newington-cemetery.org.uk> so Barbara can collate and keep a note of
them.

Best wishes,

Tony